Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ramen Salad: Asian Cole Slaw


I swear I have recipe amnesia. I totally forgot how much I love ramen salad until I had it again a couple of weeks and of course now I can’t get it out of my head. 703 Daddy has an aversion to salad dressing so I usually steer clear of dressed salads. I decided to give this one a try since the only dressing he has a fondness for is the Asian ginger dressing. Im so glad I gave it a try because he said he really enjoyed it which makes me a super happy camper since I love cabbage slaws and he usually hates them.

This simple salad paired perfectly with our sandwiches tonight but it is also a delicious entree with cold teriyaki chicken mixed in.

1 Bunch scallions, chopped
1 Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
1 Carrot, shred
1 package of Ramen noodles, crushed (seasoning packet in dressing)
1/3 C Mayonnaise
¼ C rice wine vinegar
2 tbs agave
2 tbs sesame oil

Mix mayo, vinegar, agave, sesame oil and ramen seasoning packet together in a large bowl and set aside. Add vegetables and noodles to the bowl and toss until it is evenly coated with the dressing. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment